Siemens Medical Solutions demonstrated how its systems can benefit clinical and financial outcomes in orthopedics at the 73rd annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) last week in Chicago.
The company has sought to marry advanced imaging and information technologies towards its portfolio of orthopedic systems designed to support patients, from pre-operative through post-operative and rehabilitation care.
At AAOS 2006, Siemens highlighted:
- The AXIOM MULTIX M features a mobile flat-panel detector. With the system, patients can be safely imaged while on a bed, stretcher, wheelchair or imaging table. The mobile detector can withstand a direct weight of 330 lbs.;
- The MAGNETOM Espree with Tim (Total imaging matrix), is a 70 cm bore 1.5 Tesla (1.5T) MRI system, is suited for all orthopedic applications;
- The Arcadis Orbic 3D and SIREMOBIL Compact L, compact and lightweight mobile C-arms, offer enhanced maneuverability and improved patient access;
- The MOBILETT XP with flat-panel detector technology offers enhanced, flexible imaging capabilities. It features a compact design, virtually unlimited imaging power, optimum maneuverability, and a easy positioning and hidden cable design; and
- The SONOLINE G40 ultrasound system is an ultra-portable color Doppler ultrasound system ideal for imaging tendons, shoulders and pediatric hip joints.