Thursday, Feb. 24, 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
Regional West launched a medication safety surveillance initiative, identifying key performance measures and aggregating disparate data into actionable scorecards. Results include measurable adverse drug event (ADE) prevention, reduced costs and protected reimbursements.
- Shirley Knodel, RN, vice president of patient care, Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff, Neb.
- Lisa Bewley, RN, vice president of information technology/CIO, Regional West
- Describe how to identify specific performance standards.
- Explain how standardized and automated processes for reviewing and documenting results can eliminate a time-intensive manual process.
- Review how actionable scorecards enable clinicians to drill down into data to gain a clearer understanding of where breakdowns occur.
- Discuss how to identify key performance measures that can improve clinical and financial outcomes.