Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
Join us to hear how we have demonstrated excellence in system development, population health impact, and open source philosophy with our web-based immunization registry.
Dan Hopfensperger, program director of the Wisconsin Immunization Program at the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Describe how an immunization registry was developed to consolidate immunization records into a central database to share across the healthcare continuum and prevent the occurrence of vaccine preventable diseases.
- Identify the benefit of sharing vaccine related data with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the Immunization Information Systems Sentinel Site Project on a regular basis.
- Discuss how a web-based vaccination lifelong record can be shared to bridge the typical immunization record gap among providers.
- Outline how an immunization registry is shared through open-source technology among multiple states.
- Describe the meaningful use menu option of sharing immunization registry data with providers across the healthcare continuum.