AllOne Health and Connectyx Technologies announced a partnership this week that will allow consumers to view and manage personal health records (PHR) on the Web, via portable USB storage devices and through their mobile phones.
Secured by the Toronto-based platform provider, Diversinet, the firms' AllOne Mobile cell phone application will be distributed with a Medflash application, a product offered by the Palm City, Fla.-based Connectyx.
MedFlash stores personal health and lifestyle information on a portable flash drive and in an online PHR. The MedFlash Web site allows users to maintain, update their information and upload it to the flash drive, the companies said.
According to the Wilkes-Barre, Penn.-based AllOne Health, by combining MedFlash and AllOne Mobile technology, functions that can be performed on a mobile phone include:
- Forwarding a child’s allergy medication instructions to a school nurse;
- Sharing an elderly parent’s prescriptions with a first responder;
- Accessing a spouse’s medical history at the emergency room;
- Sending family health records to a new specialist before the visit;
- Receiving alerts on upcoming health appointments or unfilled prescriptions; and
- Obtaining personalized tips on managing chronic conditions.