Health IT vendor research firm KLAS Enterprises LLC has issued its 2005 mid-year rankings of customer satisfaction with vendor products. Based on interviews with thousands of hospitals and clinics over the previous 13 months, the rankings are as follows in 44 distinct products areas, broken down in three categories:
Market Segment Leaders
• Acute care CDR, orders and charting: EpicCare Inpatient from Epic Systems Corp.
• Acute care registration, scheduling and patient accounting: Affinity from QuadraMed Corp.
• Business decision support: Horizon Performance Manager from McKesson Corp.
• Dictation, transcription and speech recognition: EditScript from eScription Inc.
• Document management and imaging: ChartMaxx from MedPlus Inc.
• Emergency department systems: ICMS from Wellsoft Inc.
• Enterprise scheduling: RMS from Unibased Systems Architecture.
• Financial and enterprise resource planning: Pathways Financial/Materials Management from McKesson Corp.
• Home Health: BeyondNow HomeWorks/Road Notes from Cerner Corp.
• Laboratory: Misys Lab from Misys Healthcare Systems.
• Picture archiving and communication systems: iSite from Stentor Inc.
• Pharmacy: Centricity Pharmacy from GE Healthcare.
• Radiology: Misys Radiology from Misys Healthcare Systems.
• Surgery management: ORMS from Unibased Systems Architecture.
• Community hospital clinical and ancillary solutions: Orchard Harvest LIS from Orchard Software.
• Community hospital information system: Dairyland Healthcare Solutions.
• Ambulatory billing and scheduling (100+ physicians): Resolute/Prelude/Cadence from Epic Systems Corp.
• Ambulatory billing and scheduling (26-100 physicians): athenahealth Inc.
• Ambulatory billing and scheduling (6-25 physicians): athenahealth Inc.
• Ambulatory billing and scheduling (1-5 physicians): athenahealth Inc.
• Ambulatory electronic medical records (25+ physicians): EpicCare Ambulatory from Epic Systems Corp.
• Ambulatory electronic medical records (6-25 physicians): PrimeSuite Chart from Greenway Medical Technologies.
• Ambulatory electronic medical records (1-5 physicians): PrimeSuite Chart from Greenway Medical Technologies.
Niche Category Leaders
• Claims management: EC 2000 from McKesson Corp.
• Ambulatory document management and imaging: OnBase from Hyland Software Inc.
• Enterprise master patient index: MPI from QuadraMed Corp.
• Hospice: Horizon Homecare from McKesson Corp.
• Interface engines: Rhapsody from Orion Systems.
• Laboratory ancillary systems: Millennium Anatomical Pathology from Cerner Corp.
• Medical records coding: WinStrat from HSS Inc.
• Medical records--other products: HDM from 3M Health Information Systems.
• Medication administration: MedPoint from Bridge Medical Inc.
• Medication dispensing: Med-Dispense LLC.
• Mobile data systems: MData from MercuryMD Inc.
• Outpatient picture archiving and communication systems: IntegradWeb from Dynamic Imaging Inc.
• Patient monitoring: CareVue/TraceVue from Philips Medical Systems.
• Ambulatory radiology: Vision Series RIS from AMICAS Inc.
• Revenue management: CodeCorrect Inc.
• Staff/nurse scheduling: Total Care ESP from Kronos Inc.
• Time and attendance: Payrollmation from API Software Inc.
Professional Service Leaders
• Clinical implementation: CTG Healthcare Solutions.
• Financial implementation: Rapidigm Inc.
• Full I.T. outsourcing: Eclipsys Corp.
• Planning and assessment: Healthlink Inc.
The full report is available at www.healthcomputing.com