Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) has launched ACS Managed Mobility Services, a centralized solution for managing all aspects of smartphones, including procurement, security and expense management.
"CIOs are being asked to support mobile workers regardless of the device, network, location, access or application," said Chris Tranquill, managing director of ACS Communication and Consumer Goods group. "ACS Managed Mobility Services removes these headaches with this one-stop solution. It will also integrate with existing technology to reduce multiple devices into one mobile device, supported through a single management portal."
He said managing these devices in the IT department has evolved into a complex undertaking, sometimes requiring the coordination of numerous suppliers, carriers and internal departments. There are also issues concerning setup, data security, accelerated costs associated with a corporate purchase, and lack of self-service or help desk resources for mobile workers.
ACS Managed Mobility advantages include:
• Strategy Consultation and Deployment:Device selection and trial preauthorization.;
• Device / User Support:Procurement, procurement portal, insurance, protection warranty, provisioning, configuring, programming, application management (email and Exchange Server management), instant messaging, kitting, delivery, deployment employee training and customer care;
• Data Security for Enterprise Mobility;
• Telecom Expense Management: Service plan management, usage reports and contract aggregation; and
• Corporate Optimization and Support: Technical help desk, fixed mobile convergence, mobile VPN, remote configuration, inventory, device management, buy back, upgrade, replace, repair and redeployment and recycle, disposal.